The DME instrument system from Haglöf Sweden offers speedy and reliable results for distance measuring in the forest. The DME system works with ultrasound technique, making it especially useful in dense terrain and where underbrush is thick. The built-in BAF functions are useful for point/plot sampling work. Basal Area (BAF)
The complete DME system includes the small and rugged DME measuring instrument, a transponder T3 and plot staff/monopod with adapter. The monopod with transponder is placed in the plot center, allowing the user to measure and determine the plot radius.
By placing the transponder at plot center, you are able to to quickly and accurately determine if the object is “in” the plot. By allowing you to work the plot from the outside in, your production per plot is greatly increased not to mention eliminating the error of misjudging “borderline” trees.
Haglof Electronic Clinometer (EC II)
Haglöf EC II electronic clinometer to measure heights and inclination
- Well-known product quality with appreciated accuracy results
- Three-button operation design
- Low battery consumption and internal display
- Instant result of inclination and height
- No more calculation errors or misreading of scales
Haglof Vertex IV
The Vertex IV ultrasound instrument system is a true ‘work horse’ that will hand you accurate and reliable measurement results in most forest terrains and conditions. This is also our best selling instrument and the professional foresters’ preference for accurate height, distance and horizontal distance measuring.
The Vertex IV features include:
- Ultrasound distance measuring – great accuracy and proven reliability in the forest
- Works in dense vegetation
- Audible beep signal for measuring results
- Low battery consumption
- Reference users worldwide
- BAF function
- Bluetooth® and IR transmitter
- Delivered with a lanyard and in an aluminum safety and transport case.
Ultrasound technology is perfect to use in the forest, always seeking the shortest way around obstacles such as branches and tree stems. The Vertex instrument operates with the Transponder placed beside the tree, on the stem, or in the center of a sample plot for circular sample plot measuring work.
The VL5 is a rugged and reliable device that works for any height, distance, and angle you need to know. In undergrowth with poor sighting – use the ultrasound. For very short and very long distances in open terrain – work with laser. The VL5 now features the ability to store data and calculate average stand height make it even more useful in your survey work.
New functions include:
- Store data on device
- Built-in rechargeable battery
- Calculate average stand height
LTI TruPulse 200
The TruPulse 200 model measures distances and heights and is only available in yellow and grey. It comes standard with a serial port, offers in-scope data display with 7x power optics and runs on 2 AA batteries.
LTI TruPulse 200L
The TruPulse 200L model measures distances and heights and is available in LTI red. It offers in-scope data display with 4x power optics and run on 1 CR123a battery.
Key Features of the TruPulse 200L include:
- Navigate through menus easily with graphical icons
- Ranges extremely far without a reflector
- Outperforms and cost less than many recreational rangefinders
LTI TruPulse 200X
The TruPulse 200X model measures distances and heights and is available in LTI red. It comes standard with a serial port. offers in-scope data display with 7x power optics and runs on 1 CR123A battery.
Key Features of the TruPulse 200X include:
- Achieves the highest distance and inclination accuracy
- Adjusts to any lighting conditions using the in-scope LED display
- Withstands harsh conditions with rugged, waterproof housing