Click the category below for the appropriate software and install instructions.
Installers: Installers for ArcGIS Desktop can be found on the ESRI Customer Care Portal under My Organizations > Downloads. You will need to log in using your ESRI account.
Instructions for installing ArcGIS Desktop and activating your single use license:
- Download the installation file named ArcGIS_Desktop_xx.exe from the ESRI Customer Care Portal under My Organizations > Downloads. This file is large (around 800mb) so it may take some time to for the download to complete.
- Once the download is complete, double click on the install file (named something like ArcGIS_Desktop_xx.exe) and extract it. You’ll then be prompted to choose a folder on your PC into which the installation package will be saved.
- Launch the file named setup.exe from the newly created ArcGIS 10.x > Desktop folder if the installer program did not launch automatically. Follow the instructions in the install wizard.
- When install is completed the registration manager should launch automatically. If it does not you can manually launch it by clicking Start Menu > Programs > ArcGIS > ArcGIS Administrator. Upon entering the registration process the wizard will instruct you to select a product, choose ArcGIS for Desktop Basic (ArcView) Single Use and click Authorize Now.
- The Software Authorization Wizard guides you through the rest of the authorization process.
- Check I have installed my software and need to authorize it for the authorization option and click Next.
- Check Authorize with Esri using the Internet for the authorization method and click Next.
- Complete the required fields for the authorization information, clicking Next on both pages.
- Enter the software authorization number you have been provided by email and click Next. (the single use registration code should begin with the letters ESU
- Check I do not wish to authorize any extensions.
You are now authorized for use.
Description: The LMSS EZ-Plot toolbar is a simple, but powerful plot allocator/cruise plot generator for ArcGIS Desktop. Select the polygons where you need plots and then enter your desired grid parameters. It really is that easy! Grid points can be output to a shapefile or feature class and then converted to SoloForest waypoint format. Click here for a full description and functionality list.
Compatibility: Works with all builds of ArcGIS from 9.0 – 10.5 and Windows 7, 8, and 10.
Install, registration, and license transfer instructions: LMSS EZ Plot Install Procedures
LMSS EZ Plot Installers: Click the appropriate installer link below.
EZ-Plot updates: If you already have EZ Plot installed and just need the latest updates (free for any paid or educational license):
- Save this file to your PC: LandmarkSS.dll
- With ArcGIS closed, copy/paste the file to the C: > Program Files (x86) > LMSS_ArcGIS_Tools folder on your PC. (This may require administrator privileges.)
EZ-Plot Tutorials/User Guide: LMSS_EZ Plot Manual.pdf
Description: SilvAssist is a toolbar developed by F4 Tech for ArcGIS Desktop to streamline the forest inventory process. Tools include:
- Plot allocator – for creating cruise grids
- Spatial Overlay – push stand attributes to Plots layer.
- Waypoint Convertor – converts cruise grids to SOLO Forest waypoint format.
- Plot Loader – loads plot and tree data from TCruise database into your SilvAssist spatial geodatabase.
- Reporting and Analytics – Complete set of inventory reports, stand and stock tables, and statistics.
- GnY Utility – prepares/converts inventory data into the tabular format required for import into the Forest Vegetation Simulator (FVS) growth and yield application from the US Forest Service.
- Event Management – streamlines the process of entering and maintaining events such as harvests, silvicultural treatments, and inventory.
Compatibility: SilvAssist 3.0 is compatible with ArcGIS 10.0 – 10.2.2 on machines with Windows 7 -10. Users who have SilvAssist 3.0 already installed may upgrade up to ArcGIS 10.4.0 with no issues. Any SilvAssist user who needs to perform a new install of SilvAssist on any machine with ArcGIS 10.3 - 10.5 will need to upgrade to SilvAssist 4.0 at a cost of $300. Call us for more information.
Both TCruise Desktop and the LandMark Export Module will need to be installed to be able to use the SilvAssist Plot Loader and Reporting and Analytics tools.
Install, registration, and license transfer instructions:
SilvAssist_4.0.zip $300 Upgrade fee, See compatibility requirements above
Sample Forestry geodatabases for use with SilvAssist: If you are new to geodatabases, you can download one of the samples below that matches your location (UTM zone). Layers inside include Plots, Tract, Stands, and Roads. Save the geodatabase to your PC in the location where you store your GIS Data.
- Using the LMSS Sample Forestry Geodatabase
- Landmark Export Module
Description: SOLO Forest from Trimble Forestry is the mobile GIS mapping software designed specifically for forestry applications. Easily collect point, line, and polygon features, load shapefile or aerial basemaps, generate cruise grids in the field, and more! GPS data from SOLO can be exported directly from the handheld device in shapefile format and imported into most desktop GIS applications. SOLO can also be integrated with TCruise for a very powerful forest inventory data collection solution. More info on SOLO can be found here.
Compatibility: SOLO Forest is compatible with handheld devices running Windows Mobile 5.0 – 6.5 or PocketPC 2003. (See the installer section below for recommended installers for various handheld models.) There is also a version for Windows tablets running the Windows 7, 8, or 10.
Install and Update Procedures:
- To install SOLO Forest, download the appropriate SOLO Forest CAB file installer to your PC using the links in the next section below.
- Copy the .CAB file from your PC over to the Program Files folder on your handheld device.
- Open File Explorer on the handheld device and navigate to the Program Files folder.
- Double tap on the CAB file to install the program. Follow the onscreen instructions. If you already have an earlier version of SOLO Forest installed, the new installer will automatically uninstall the previous version.
- If you have just updated SOLO Forest and you also have RTI installed, be sure that RTI is still available under the Tools > More menu option. If not, you will need to re-install RTI using the link named RTI for SoloForest in the RTI (Real-Time Inventory) Installers section of this webpage.
SOLO Forest Installers: See install instructions above.
- SOLO Forest 126.96.36.199 WM6.CAB – Latest version for all Windows Mobile 6.0, 6.1, and 6.5 devices with VGA (480 x 640) or better displays including:
- Trimble Nomad, Juno, Geo, Ranger 3
- F4 Devices Forge and Flint, (NOT BAP S Series)
- Handhelds Nautiz X8
- Juniper Systems Archer 2
- SOLO Forest 4.0.7 WM5.CAB – for BAP S Series and other Windows Mobile Devices with lower resolution displays (QVGA displays with 240 x 320 pixels).
- SOLO Forest 4.0.7 Landscape.CAB – For Windows Mobile Devices with Landscape oriented QVGA displays such as Trimble Ranger X.
- SOLO Forest 4.0.7 PocketPC Recon.CAB – For older Trimble/TDS Recon units with PocketPC OS.
- SOLO Forest for PC 188.8.131.52 Install.msi – Installer for Tablet PC’s running Windows 7, 8, or 10. Download the .msi file from link to machine and double click to install.
- If you are updating SOLO Forest on your handheld device and previously had version 4.0 or newer installed, you will not have to re-registration the software.
- If you are performing a new install, please open the program when install is complete and choose Register. Use the Handheld Software Registration Request Form link below to supply the SOLO Software and Hardware S/N’s.
License transfer instructions:
Trimble does allow users to transfer SOLO Forest licenses. Each SOLO license purchased allows the owner to use and register the software on one device. Users will need to uninstall SOLO Forest from their old device before the program can be registered on the new device. Please contact LandMark Support at 866-395-5440 x2 so we can assist you and submit the request for license transfer.
SOLO Forest Feature Files – sample feature files (feature lists) for GPS data collection:
SOLO Forest Custom Zone files – allows SOLO to work with custom coordinate systems such as Albers and Mississippi Transverse Mercator (MSTM).
- Using Custom Zone Files in SOLO Forest
- LMSS SOLO Forest Quick Start – quick tutorial for new SOLO users.
More manuals and instructional materials in the Manuals section.
Description: SOLO Office FE (Forestry Edition) is an optional desktop companion for SOLO Forest. This program is primarily designed for project managers who need to create complex projects to deploy to field users with SOLO Forest
Key Features include:
- Creating custom Feature Files to use as field data collection templates
- Creating custom Zone files for custom coordinate systems
- Preparing basemaps and raster images for field use.
- Crop raster images and convert to compressed Solo Image File (.SIF) format.
- Creating Waypoint files for navigation
- Creating Solo package files for deploying complex projects in a single extracting file
- Transferring files between your data collector and your desktop PC
- Viewing and editing collected data, basemaps and raster images
- Printing your projects
- Exporting data in several GIS and CAD formats
SOLO Office must be purchased separately and requires a separate registration.
Compatibility – SOLO Office FE is only compatible with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and 8. Not compatible with Windows 10.
Installer: SOLO Office FE 184.108.40.206 Install.msi – Download the install file to your PC and double click to install.
- If you are updating SOLO Office FE on your PC and previously had version 4.0 or newer installed, you will not have to re-registration the software.
- If you are performing a new install, please open the program when install is complete and choose Register. Use the Desktop Software Registration Request Form link below to supply the SOLO Software and Hardware S/N’s.
User Guide: SOLO Office FE User Guide 220.127.116.11.pdf
Description: Trimble SOLO 360™ is toolbar extension for ArcGIS Desktop that allows users check data out of ArcMap for field inspections, maintenance, or new data collection using rules and schemas which comply with existing feature definitions. Field data can then be validated upon check-in. There is also a tool to create a geodatabase based on data collection rules and parameters defined in your SOLO Forest feature file and the ability to clip raster basemap images and convert to compressed SIF format.
Compatibility: Compatible with ArcGIS Desktop 10.0-10.4
Installer: SOLO 360 18.104.22.168 Install.msi
Install and Registration instructions: See document – Solo_360_Software_Installation
User Guide: SOLO_360_User_Guide 22.214.171.124
Description: TCruise Desktop is a full featured forest inventory software solution developed by Worldwide Heuristic Solutions. The program can utilize most common inventory sampling methods and report in a variety of volume units. TCruise comes with over 400 internal volume functions and can also accommodate user defined volume tables and equations. There are various reporting modules the program can feed via database export. TCruise can also be customized by the developer to meet individual customer needs for special reporting, exports, or processing.
The all new TCruise Pro version includes optional modules listed below which are add-ons and cost $300/module. Users may update to the new version without enabling any of the new modules and without incurring any additional costs. When making the TCruise Desktop update, registrations will only be required for those who implement the optional modules. Users migrating to the new version can also rest assured that their old configuration settings will be maintained. The new TCruise Pro version will be the only supported version after June 2017. Users who do upgrade to this new version will also need to update the mobile (field) version of TCruise for compatibility. Updating TCruise for Mobile Devices is free for existing users and will not require re-registration. The previous versions of TCruise Desktop and TCruise for Mobile Devices will remain posted here for those who do not wish to update, but be aware that those versions will no longer be supported for bug fixes or customizations.
New TCruise Pro Optional Modules:
- Pro toolbar with following functions:
- Sample size estimator - designed for stratified, multi stand cruises to help users determine samples needed to meet defined allowable error requirements based cruise method, stand size, and standard deviation estimates for each stand/strata.
- Plot allocator - creates cruise grid based on several allocation types for single stands. Batch allocation is also possible when parameters are defined in the stand/strata shapefile. Sample size for each stand can also be estimated based on CV, cruise method, and stand/strata area.
- Overlay tool - this tool can apply stand/strata ID's by loading in a projected polygon shapefile that overlays the plots. The polygon shapefile must contain a StandID or StrataID field (text) along with an Acres field. Cruise plots must have a Lat Long coordinate assigned which is automatically applied when using RTI or the GPS capture button in TCruise for Mobile Devices. This tool can also automate the entry of Stand/Stratum land area in TCruise Desktop Pro.
- Excel based reporting - 20+ Excel worksheets with a variety of standard report types and tables for analysis or for joining to GIS layers. To implement the new reports, users will need to make a few minor updates to their existing templates and TCD files. Detailed instructions for these updates are here.
- Growth & Yield utility - COMING SOON. This utility will use models from Mississippi State (MSU), PTAEDA (VA Tech), and USFS and will automate loading of stand table data, applying parameters, and database output.
Compatibility: Compatible with all Windows operating systems from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Excel reporting module requires MS Excel 2007 or newer.
- TCruise Desktop Pro Use this installer for new installs and updates. When updating the program there is no need to uninstall the current version. Registration will only be required for new installs and for enabling the optional modules.
- TCruise Standard - Old version of TCruise which is no longer supported. Install/Update Instructions
Install/Update Instructions for TCruise Desktop Pro:
- Double click on the file named TCruiseSetup.exe.
- The install wizard should guide you thru the install process.
- The first prompt will be to accept the terms and conditions.
- Choose Next, I accept the license agreement, Next, Next, and then Finish to complete the install.
- You may get a Windows message afterwards stating that the program may not have installed correctly. Choose “The program did install correctly”.
- Create a Desktop shortcut for TCruise.
- For Windows 7 users: Left click on the Windows Start Menu and select All Programs > Heuristic Solutions Applications. Right Click on Timber Cruise (TCruise) and select Send To – Desktop (create shortcut).
- For Windows 8 and 10 users: open Windows Explorer and navigate to the C: > Program Files > Heuristic Solutions Applications > Timber Cruise folder and right click on the file named TCruise.exe and choose Send To – Desktop (create shortcut).
Registration instructions For New Installs:
- Launch TCruise Desktop by double clicking on the desktop shortcut.
- Accept the license agreement.
- Choose Register and look for the TCruise Product ID on the TCruise registration window. This code is unique to each PC and will be needed to register the program.
- Use the Desktop Software Request Form to provide the TCruise Product ID and to submit your code request to LandMark Spatial Solutions.
Registration Instructions For Optional Modules:
- In TCruise Desktop, click Help menu > About TCruise and copy the TCruise Product ID shown.
- Email email@example.com with the TCruise Product ID and the module(s) you wish to activate. We will also need your contact and billing info. You may also use the Desktop Software Registration Request Form to request registration codes. Note that costs are $300 per module per user.
User Guides: See the manuals section of our website.
Sample TCruise Templates: The templates below should be good starting points for creating your own custom template. Note that you will probably need to edit the cruise method, species, products, and merch specs to make them useful for your local area. Save the desired files to your My Documents > TCruisePC folder on your PC. Call for assistance or read through the Templates section of our online manual in the Manuals section of your website.
- SE_US_PineTaperEquation.tct – Pine total heights and Hwd merch heights.
- SE_US_Merch Height.tct – merch heights for all species.
- AppalachianGradeHwd.tct – merch heights for all species.
- LMSS_StumpCruise.tct – Total heights for all species. Follow instructions here for stump cruises (Stump Cruise Instructions)
- LMSSEmptyBase.tct – empty template for starting completely from scratch.
Sample Cruise Data: The sample data sets below can help users practice processing cruises. Follow the instructions in the document link below.
Description: TCruiseMobile is the field version of TCruise.
Compatibility: Compatible with all Windows Mobile operating systems including Windows CE, Pocket PC, and Windows Mobile 5.0 -6.5. Tablet version is compatible with Juniper Systems Mesa2 Tablet running Windows 10. Other Windows tablets may be compatible but have not been tested.
- TCruise Windows Mobile - New TCruise Pro version installer for all Windows Mobile Devices. Free upgrade for existing users running TCruise Mobile (TCruiseWinCE).
- TCruise Pro Pocket - Old version of TCruise Pro Pocket which is no longer supported.
- TCruise Mobile Tablet - TCruise for Windows Tablet.
- Connect your handheld device to your PC using Windows Mobile Device Center.
- Download the installer (link above) to your PC. Double click on the install file to begin the install.
- Follow the instructions in the install wizard. It is recommended that you install the program to the device rather than a storage card. You should be prompted to reboot your handheld when the process is completed.
- Launch TCruise on the handheld using the Start Menu.
- You should be prompted to register when the program opens.
- Note the TCruise Product ID displayed on the registration screen. Enter this ID and other pertinent info in the Handheld Software Registration Request form.
User Guide: See TCruise manual in the manuals section of our website.
Description: The LandMark Custom Reports for TCruise were developed to be a more concise reporting module compared to the internal TCruise reports. This Access based reporting module uses the database created by the LandMark Export Module to feed the report template. There are a variety of reports available to meet most user needs.
Compatibility: The LandMark Custom Reports are compatible with all versions of Windows from XP to Windows 10. Users will need to have the following applications pre-installed on their machines before installing these reports:
- TCruise Desktop
- LandMark Export Module
- Microsoft Access 2007 (or newer)
Installer links and instructions:
- LandMarkCustomReportsSetup.exe – Download the run the installer.
- LandMark Export Module - Download and run the installer.
- TCruise Reports.mde – updated reports template. Download this file to your PC (preferably in your Documents or Downloads folder). Next, copy/paste the file to the C: > Program Files > Heuristic Solutions Applications > Timber Cruise > LandMark folder and replace the existing file. You may need admin permission to paste the file here.
Setup instructions: LandMark Custom Reports Setup Procedures
Description: The Haglof Management Systems/Timber Cruise Suite is a data management, licensing, and reporting application based on a Microsoft SQL Server platform. A flash drive with a license file is included with purchase so users can easily install and use the application on multiple PC’s as long as the flash drive is inserted. Most users will benefit from the enhanced Crystal reporting module for TCruise. There is even a map module for users who only need a basic GIS Mapping application.
Compatibility: Compatible with all Windows operating systems from Windows 7 -10.
Installers: Install HMS/TCruise Suite using the installers below in the order listed.
- SQL Express 2012 64 bit or SQL Express 2012 32 bit Download and install the proper version of SQL Express 2012 depending on the type of PC you have (32 or 64 bit). Choose the defaults through the install wizard.
- HMS Timber Cruise Suite – Download and install.
- TCruise for HMS This installs and updates TCruise inside of HMS.
HMS Initial Setup: HMS TCruise Suite Initial Setup
User Guide: HMS Timber Cruise Suite User Guide
RTI for SOLO Forest
Description: RTI for SOLO Forest allows interaction and data transfer in the field with TCruise WinCE. These custom scripts push StratumID, PlotID, and location to the TCruise Plot Info screen and also records how the plot was visited for security purposes. Other features allow users to randomly audit visited plots and create new plots to substitute for ones that could not be visited.
Compatibility: Compatible with all Windows Mobile operating systems including Windows CE, Pocket PC, and Windows Mobile 5.0 -6.5.
Install and registration instructions: Connect your handheld to your PC via Windows Mobile Device Center and run the installer from the link above. You will be prompted to register by entering a Reg and Key code. Contact LandMark Support by phone, email, or using the Software Code Request form and provide the RTI Product ID displayed on the registration screen.
RTI for ArcPad
Description: RTI for ArcPad allows users to share data with TCruise WinCE in the field. The custom ArcPad RTI toolbar allows users to pick plots to navigate to and transfers location, Stratum ID, PlotID, location, time on plot, and plot status once the plot is visited.
Compatibility: Compatible with Windows Mobile operating systems 5.0 -6.5. Users must have ArcPad 10.0 Build 55 pre-installed on their handheld and on the desktop PC.
Installers and Setup Instructions: ArcPad_and_RTI Install_Package.zip Save the zipped file to your PC, extract and then open the enclosed file named 1_ArcPad RTI Installation and Registration Guide.pdf for detailed instructions.
Description: TimberPilot from Trimble Forestry is a tracking solution for timber harvesting equipment. The package consists of a software platform built off of the powerful and easy to use SOLO Forest and a Yuma2 rugged tablet PC. TimberPilot can display and record the cutter position on top of basemaps created with ArcGIS Desktop and SOLO360. The application also provides audible and visual alerts based on proximity to defined sensitive boundaries.
Compatibility: Works with tablet PC’s running Windows 7, 8, or 10.
Installer and registration instructions: Trimble TimberPilot 126.96.36.199 Install.msi - Download the installer to your Tablet PC and double click to install or update. Please provide the tablet S/N and TimberPilot S/N when you request codes from firstname.lastname@example.org .
User Guide: LMSS_Timber_Pilot_Quick_Start_Guide
Description: Terrain Navigator Pro (TNP) is powerful and easy to use desktop and mobile mapping software that contains high resolution scans of USGS topographic maps, current aerial photographs , street layer, and even private parcel data as an option. These maps and photos can be customized with labels, marks, symbols, lines, routes, tracks, area fills, GIS data sets, and notes. Once you have finished designing your custom maps, use the built-in printing and publishing to create digital and paper prints with text, logos, inset maps, legends, etc. Layers, maps, and photos can be exported for use in SOLO Forest, or other mobile GIS applications.
There is also a TNP mobile app which allows users to collect markers, tracks and geo-stamped photos in the field, and then sync all the GPS data into the Terrain Navigator Pro office software. Click here for more details or call us at 866-395-5440 for a demo and pricing information.
Compatibility: Windows 7-10 for Desktop application and iOS and Android smartphones for Mobile app.
Installer: TNP installers and datasets are shipped directly to users.
Description: Windows Mobile Device Center is the utility used to connect Windows Handheld devices to PC’s for data transfer. See the user guide below to get you started.
User guide for connecting handhelds and troubleshooting:
Connecting Your Windows Mobile Device to Your PC
- Windows Mobile Device Center for 32 bit PC’s (Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10)
- Windows Mobile Device Center for 64 bit PC’s (Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10)
- WMDC Helper - Installer to fix Windows Mobile Device Center after Windows Updates
- MyMobiler - Utility which will displays handheld screen on PC.
fGIS – is a simple, free desktop mapping application developed by Wisconsin DNR.
Tatuk GIS Viewer – is a simple viewer application for viewing GIS data layers, printing simple maps and cropping imagery.